Re: Using real names (Was Bill O"Neill's post with empty subject heading)

I'll add my cent-and-a-half to the subject of real names. (I work in
radio; I can't afford two cents!)

There have been many times when I have wanted to express a point or jump
in on an argument, but have not because (a) while I felt a certain way I
was not prepared to go "on the record" with my views, and (b) I do not
believe in anonymous posts.

I am an infrequent contributor to this group, but a regular reader. For
me personally, I find that as I read the posts I tend to distinguish
between those "signed" and those posted in anonymity; the former carry
much more weight with me than the latter do.

I completely understand that there are times when we need to separate
our "real lives" from our on-air personas, but it is far too easy to
flame and become uncivil while using this medium. As far as I'm
concerned, if you're not proud enough of what you have to say to sign
it, don't say it.

Signed,

Some radio guy

Ooops...

Jason Roberts
Operations Manager
WPLM, Easy 99.1

(The opinions expressed are my own, and not those of my station, yada,
yada, yada....)