Re: 96.9 testing...123

There is a reason that WFAN is the highest billing radio station in the
country.  They have some very high end clients.  If you listen to Imus in
New York, ads for luxury cars, computers, real estate, investment houses
and such are quite common.  Imus reaches this audience, and 96.9 is trying
to bring these type of clients to the station.

Talk radio doesn't neccessarily have to be "middle class"  IMHO, WRKO is
the other way, very blue collar to low class.  With the likes of blowhards
Jeff Katz, not a Dr. Laura, Rush & particularly Howie, who could argue?
96.9 may be trying to be a more "affluent" talker rather than pandering to
the lowest common denominator like 680.  We'll have to see what the rest of
their lineup looks like to see what "personality" the station will take.

Mike Thomas
WXLO & Mediabase 24/7