Re: 96.9 testing...123

Most stations that first pick up Imus sound terrible until they get used to the
idiosyncrasies of the show.  Longtime affiliates WWRX-Westerly and
WHDQ-Claremont do a very good job with the broadcast.  Other stations like
WQSO-Rochester can't seem to figure out how to run it, even after having the
show for a few years, except the shows that Chip ran. :)  Until I moved to
Massachusetts, I always listened to it on WFAN.  Thats the best way to hear the
show.  The local ad reads can be the funniest part of the program.

BTW, as expected WWTM-Worcester, owned by Entercom, also dropped Imus.  They
ran the show locally, despite simulcasting WEEI most of the day.  Now they are
also simulcasting WEEI's new morning show.

Mike Thomas
WXLO & Mediabase 24/7