Re: 96.9 testing...123

> Imus is not the easiest show to board-op...outcues are often sudden, and
> not always real obvious, WFAN's local breaks end when they end....just
> because the clock says a 4:00 min break doesn't mean that 3:50 or 4:10
> isn't close enough!
>
> At our stations we run Imus thur a :07 delay, we monitor the undelayed
feed
> to know how/when local cues will occur.  Maybe they're not so equipped.

Heck we had a 20 second delay and still had occasional problems with them
running long.. it was usually when he would be goofing on some NY client
while doing a live read in thier break.. We also ran a 20 second element in
most of the breaks, purposely underfiilling it by 10 seconds to try to get
another ID in, but mostly making sure that if they came back early, we were
there.. I never wanted to come into it mid-sentence...

Running that show tight is certainly an aquired skill, getting it to sound
right anyway, but it is possible.. I remember WEEI sounding pretty darn
tight when I lived back there.. maybe they should just try to hire that
person away..

Chip