Bozo the Clown

It's the end of an era, folks:

Officials at WZZM-TV in Grand Rapids, Michigan are finally removing Bozo
the Clown from their Saturday morning line-up.  The last show will be
August 28th.  This decision leaves WGN in Chicago as the nation's only TV
station that still has a weekly Bozo show.   According to UPI's Detroit
reporter Eric Johnson, "Bozo began as an animated character in the 1940s
and came to TV in the 1960s.  At its peak, local Bozo shows were on 100
stations nationwide.  In Grand Rapids, Bozo the Clown has been portrayed by
Dick Richards for 31 years."

I remember Frank Avruch as Bozo here (I believe Frank is still alive,
right?) -- what year did the show get pulled off the air in Boston?  There
used to be a number of locally produced kid's shows here-- Big Brother Bob
Emery, Major Mudd, Rex Trailer's Boomtown... now, it's mostly national
shows and cartoons...