Re: WJIB Programming

Answers for ya.....
Overnights and eveninngs are always oin 8-hour video tapes, which are tapes
of live shows I've done previous.  Such tapes have no time checks or weather
(for obvious reasons).  WJIB has about 60 of those in-house-made 8-hour video
tapes, and the number keeps growing all the time as periodically I make more
and more.  Right now I tend to play the "less talk, more music" tapes during
the day, for office-listenening, and the more personality-tapes come after 5
PM, all the way to 7 AM.

WJIB airs instrumental-oriented pop (IOP) music 22 hours a day Mon thru Fri;
and Radio France Int'l News 7-9 AM weekdays.
Weekends are a mixture of WJIB-music and brokered time.  Sunday, for example
is all brokered from 7 AM to 12 Midnight, excepting the 30-minute "Let's Talk
About Radio" from 11:30 AM to 12 Mid.   Churches are salivating for that time
slot (LTAR).

WJIB is not shying away from the music.  It will always be there and it will
ALWAYS be locally programmed.  There is just enough brokered time to pay the
bills and to live on.  It COULD be brokered out 100% of the time, due to the
immense high demand for radio time,  but my thought is who needs money when
one has an AM station?  (I just realize how stupid that sounds;  but I think
you know what I mean.....
If I brokered out the station entirely, I'd have enough money to buy a
station....  but I already have a station, so why make tons of money?   The
FM's are out of my reach anyway [and so is any decent AM nowadays].  If I
sold the station, then I'd have money to buy another.... but WHY?     And why
not broker out 740 24/7?  'Cause then I wouldn't have the type of station
(non-brokered) I always thought I'd like to have.  ...and I love music.   An
all-brokered station is usually owned or run by someone who just wants to
make money.  It could be a radio station or a convenience store,  gas
station, etc.

In short, WJIB has about 80% music and 20% brokered time.....  a nice
comfortable balance, I think.    WJIB is also actually the most stable, most
predictable station in the market, finance-wise, with no runaway budgets, no
problems, etc.

Hope this answers some of your thoughts.
Best Wishes,
    Bob Bittner   @WJIB/WJTO