Re: in the darkness of the Maine seacoast

At 12:42 AM -0400 8/11/99, someone wrote:

>>Overall it is sad to hear the state of Portland radio today.... was it
>>really only 10 odd years ago that stations like WMGX or WWGT had a "big
>>city" feel to them?

And do you feel that a "big city" feel is a good thing?  I used to enjoy
driving away from the big cities just to escape the big city stations.  Of
course, these days when you get to the country or even the medium size
cities you hear mostly satellite fed formats.  Portland is probably a bit
better than most other medium cities, they do seem to still have mostly
locally programmed stations.