Re: in the darkness of the Maine seacoast

At 02:10 AM 8/10/99 -0400, Kevin Vahey wrote:

>Overall it is sad to hear the state of Portland radio today.... was it
>really only 10 odd years ago that stations like WMGX or WWGT had a "big
>city" feel to them?

I don't remember either of those, but I do remember the "original" WJBQ
from the early 80s, and WGAN-FM/WTHT from the mid-late 80s, and they both
cooked!  Both were very major-market sounding.  Likewise 970 from the late
70s.  I'll catch the reincarnated WJBQ occasionally when I'm in the White
Mountains and imho they really sound lame and automated.