Re: WFNX --> WNHQ ?

This happens a lot with simulcasts that run separate stopsets.  When
WPKQ-Berlin first started simulcasting WOKQ-Dover, the stepdowns and rejoins
were very sloppy, and it took awhile for it sound somewhat seamless.  I'd
imagine that you can still hear slip ups on 103.7 every now and then.

It's really bad out on Eastern Long Island--where it seems every other station
is simulcasting another.  WBAB-Babylon simulcasts on WHFM on the east end, and
WLIR-Garden City simulcasts on WDRE-Westhampton. Both run separate stopsets,
and most are pretty sloppy, even with today's technology.  The whole simulcast
craze out there started several years back on 107.1 in Hampton Bays (then WWHB)
when they dropped their (really bad) CHR format to simulcast WNEW-FM-New York.
Every stopset ran late, always dropping in on the jock talking up the next
song.  Today that station, known as WWXY, is part of a four way simulcast of
107.1 stations in New York and New Jersey (and I think one is just over the
line in Pennsylvania.)  Now THAT must be a production and traffic NIGHTMARE!!

Mike Thomas
WXLO & Mediabase 24/7