Re: WFNX --> WNHQ ?

On Tue, 27 Jul 1999, SteveOrdinetz wrote:

(re: WFNX network)

> We split some spot breaks on WJYY/WNHQ.  It took some fine tuning to make
> the cutaways and returns fairly seamless (and we can monitor both stations
> off-air, I can't imagine WFNX being able to hear Sanford).  We have to
> cross-check the logs daily to make sure there are no blatant traffic errors
> and we've had become really anal on making sure all :60s are EXACTLY :60 to
> the tenth of a second.  Once you get things running properly it sounds
> good, but it takes vigilance.

This is much like what we went through last year when we started our
network. Programming in a network environment requires a lot more
discipline than programming which is all local; everything has to time out
correctly, and one can't make instant changes to the clocks without
screwing up the affiliates. We still have problems when announcers take
sick suddenly; invariably some affiliates don't get the word quickly
enough and run the wrong liners.

Rob Landry
umar@nerodia.wcrb.com

PS. Superadio is now streaming our network programming (sans commercials)
on www.broadcastmusic.com. Click on the Superadio logo, then click on "Hit
Classical".