Re: WFNX --> WNHQ ?

SteveOrdinetz wrote:

> I can't imagine WFNX being able to hear Sanford).

That would explain a lot, eh? :)

> we've had become really anal on making sure all :60s are EXACTLY
> :60 to the tenth of a second. Once you get things running properly
> it sounds good, but it takes vigilance.

Vigilance is the word!  I still hear stupid things on some automated
stations like spots ending early (which leaves an obvious gap
between events) or being cut off because they ran beyond :30 or
:60.

At one of my old stations we had to run an Eventide Harmonizer on
almost everything because the bulk of our spots primarily ran on a
sister station that wasn't automated (I pity the statons that don't
have a Harmonizer!)  This station had a very early digital
automation system that didn't have enough channel capacity to
overlap events, so you had to throw in another tenth of a second or
two to allow for transitions.  Even that didn't ensure success, of
course, because timing could still be thrown off depending on the
number of spots in a local break!  Back in those days automation
was even more of an art than it is now.

Take care,

Chris