RE: WGOD, etc.

On 26 Jul 99,  Rob Landry wrote:

> Nope; CR is not a prefix allocated to Canada. If I recall right, Canada
> only has CF-CK and CY-CZ available, along VA-VG, VO, VX-VY, and XJ-XO.

Well, they're not supposed to use CB, but they do.

> The FCC could grant call signs beginning with N or AA-AL, if it chose, as
> these are United States prefixes, in addition to K and W.

I believe there was a shortwave station with an N callsign a few years
ago.  Otherwise, I think the N and A calls may be used for utilities.

 A.Joseph Ross, J.D.                                 617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                             lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503              http://world.std.com/~lawyer/