Re: Natalie Jacobson

In a message dated 7/23/99 3:11:28 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
dlh@donnahalper.com writes:

<<  Natalie is another friend of the Kennedy family.  I doubt she had to be
pressured to cover events related to John Jr.'s death.  >>

Donna,

here's where my hackles are up over the whole thing...  and i know it's one
of those First Amendment debates, but...

the story is over.  let the families deal with the loss of their loved ones
in private...

if one might be considered that good of a friend, they'd be sitting inside
the service this morning, not helping to turn it into the debacle that it is.
and likewise, if one might be considered a "family friend", and the invite
was not extended, you might think that "well, they asked me not to come, so
therefore, in honor of their feelings, i'll respect that."

 i can understand where one who has known persons of note, such as the
Kennedy family, there would be more of a sense of loss.  and in Natalie's
case, it is more than possible that, through multiple professional contacts,
the bond extends beyond the "i know you, you know me" relationship.

but, if she wasn't asked to be inside by the family, then she was most
certainly "asked" to be outside by the boss.  otherwise, i think the elegant
Miss Jacobson might prefer to continue her time, realizing now how limited it
can cruely be, with her Dad and daughter, and spend her own moments
reflecting.  instead of being asked to fill another 40 seconds while we set
up the camera angle from uptown..

sign me:  sick of the vulture mentality of this whole tragedy...

Chuck Igo