Standards station on 850 (Was Re: while in Norwich Ct)

>KevinVahey wrote:
<snip>
>On 850 I didn t get either WEEI or CKVL but a station playing
>standards....but never could pull an ID
<snip>

        If you mean at night, it's probably either Johnstown, Pa., or the
other Pennsylvania station on 850 (Reading?). At least one of them is
standards, I just forget which. The 850 in the Danbury,Conn., area is
satellite oldies, and wins out in parts of Connecticut in the daytime. I
think it's 5 kW or 10 kW days,  but it goes to much lower power at night.