Re: Another Talker in Boston....?

- --- Bump Martin <LJNF40C@prodigy.com> wrote:
> Personally, I would LIKE to hear some of the
> syndicated shows that I keep
> hearing *about*....but can't actually hear the
> program itself here in
> Boston.

> G GORDON LIDDY - A very WHINY voice....but he has
> been pretty
> sucessful...and is popular among thecollege crowd.
> (Believe it or not!)

Wasn't/isn't he on WXTK 94.9 Cape Cod?

> TOM LEYKIS- While I never thought he would succeed
> in syndication, he HAS
> hung in there for awhile...and of course there would
> be a Boston interest in
> him.  (I will never hear him again without thinking
> of the newspaper's
> reference to him "mistaking his wife for a yule
> log".)

A Howie line; I think WXTK may be running him if you
want to hear what he sounds like; or you can try
WGY 810 out of Schenectedy for a preview of what
may eventually be coming to WBOS...

> BRUCE WILLIAMS - He does a great job!  ALthough I
> don't sense the same
> support from the network that I did when they first
> launched TalkNet.

I think WTIC (1080, Hartford) is running him. Last night I was having
trouble picking up WEEI so I heard
part of the Sox' game on WTIC and they did a promo
for Bruce "right after the game"...

> Personally, I'd like to hear CBS hourly newscasts on
> the air again...but I
> don't think that's gonna happen.

If I were to run a talk station, I would program a good variety of
local and national hosts. Some national
stuff may not be so bad.