Re: Globe story on Imus

In a message dated 7/10/99 4:20:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
lawyer@world.std.com writes:

<< So is Imus away more often or less often than that? >>

My comparison to Carson was meant more as rhetoric than a factual statement.
I'm sure you've done that before counselor.

Imus must be off at least 8 week a year, plus occasional days off here and
there.  He's off at least four weeks in the summer and two weeks around
Christmas.

They have built a studio at the Imus ranch to broadcast from so maybe in the
future he will take less time off.

Maybe Imus needs a Leno?  How about letting Charles, Bernie, and the gang try
doing the show without the I-man?  Then again, Ed McMahon failed when they
tried having him fill in for Johnny.

Dan Billings
Bowdoinham, Maine