Re: Mix 98.5 message board

In a message dated 6/25/1999 7:08:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
dmerrill@exchange.com writes:

<<It seems that a couple of contest winners are rallying others to join them
in contacting the Better Business Bureau.  I guess that they did not get the
prizes they won.>>

Or better yet, how about actually winning a contest in December, not
receiving the actual prize money until February, but being 1099'd for fiscal
1998.  Rather cheesy if you ask me...

I am sure there are a thousand and one reasons as far as administrative,
accounting, or just plain taking credit for those dollars expensed in '98 for
their records, but penalizing a listener's tax position even though monies
were not received until the following fiscal year.  Doesn't fly with me.
Wonder if any of the other contest winners caught that one?

Robin