RE: FCC grants WNRB improved non-critical-hours pattern

Dan wrote:

> Now, if somebody could only find something worthwhile to
> do with the WNRB... How about this rumor (which I'm
> starting right here, right now): ABC will buy WNRB and
> flip Radio Disney from 1260 to 1510. Hibernia, which
> owns WPZE, will then lease 1260 to Mrs Nash who will
> move WILD to 1260 and will lease 1090 to some ethnic or
> religious broadcaster.

It almost happened with 1330 as the night signal for WILD when they had
approached WRCA about leasing all their night hours.  It was not known to
WRCA why WILD did not go ahead with the deal.
All I can say for WILD is they better do something with FM competition
coming from the 97.7 signal.  It would make some sense to invest in a 24
hour signal for one thing.  Boston is the largest market without a 24 hour
black station.  Also, I would think there might be a few WILD employees
approaching Radio One, the 97.7 buyers.
- -Dave