Re: Alex Beam column

- --- Dan Strassberg <dan.strassberg@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> Salem's new ticker symbol will be SLC. I had always thought that
> three-letter ticker symbols were reserved for companies listed on the NYSE.

One,two and three-letter symbols are NYSE and ASE. Four and five are
Nasdaq.

> An NYSE listing would suggest that the company is in better financial shape
> than Mark suggests.

Choosing to sell on NYSE or Nasdaq, doesn't have much to do
with the company's standing. It's just different methods
to buy and sell stocks. On NYSE -- it's a bidding auction
where you buy directly from another investor. On Nasdaq,
you shop around on an electronic communication
system and buy from a broker who's got the
best deal. For a first-time seller like Salem,
NYSE is probably the best and less riskier option to raise much
needed cash.