Re: Alex Beam column

On 5 Jun 99,  Bill O'Neill wrote:

> How about this (and other similar) scenerios when a public figure,
> talk host, etc., incorporates (on more than one occasion) into their
> stable of chatter items, viewpoints, etc., the name, knickname or
> (perhaps contrived with artistic license) personality or relational
> characteristics of that individual?  Does not that individual become
> part of the program's landscape?  Maybe a stretch, but why not.

More likely a stereotyped characature of the individual.  Phyllis Diller
used to tell highly fictionalized stories about her husband, "Fang," but I
don't think that made her real husband a public figure.

 A.Joseph Ross, J.D.                                 617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                             lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503              http://world.std.com/~lawyer/