Re: WCAV bought by Radio One

On 27 May 99,  Joseph Gallant wrote:

> While (I believe) African-Americans currently are a majority of the
> under-30 population within the city limits of Brockton (and will probably
> become a majority of the overall population of Brockton by the 2010
> national census or the 2015 state census), for Radio One to "make it" with
> 97.7, they'd have to push their signal north.

There will be no 2015 state census.  The mid-decade state census, which
was the basis for apportionment of state legislative seats, has been
eliminated.  I believe the last one was in 1985.  State legislative seats
are now apportioned based on the federal census.

 A.Joseph Ross, J.D.                                 617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                             lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503              http://world.std.com/~lawyer/