Re: wcav bought by radio one

All of Radio One's properties are some flavor of urban so it shouldn't be a
suprise.  The company is also primarily in major markets--D.C., Philadelphia,
and Detroit--so I'm sure they have bigger fish to fry than serving Brockton.
With the improvements, the station should do well in the areas you
mentioned--sound better than WILD--plus be on 24/7.  I figure they will go with
either a mainstream urban or urban AC format.  I tend to doubt they'll skew
younger because WJMN has that niche covered, and they have the better signal.  I
also think Radio One may be looking at other possible aquisitions in the
market.  There's not too much out there, but I wouldn't be suprised if they make
offers to WPLM or WXRV.

Mike Thomas
WXLO & Mediabase 24/7