Re: Cumulus Media donates WHQO to Maine Public Radio

In a message dated 5/26/99 12:26:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu writes:

<< So this means that when driving through Waterville it will now be
 possible to hear SEVEN Maine Public Radio signals?

 (WMED 89.7, WMEF 106.5, WMEA 90.1, WMEM 106.1, WMEW 91.3, WMEH 90.9,
 and now this new 107.9)

 I hope they will at least put different programming on it....

 -GAWollman >>

That's correct, but you can bet that they will NOT put different programming
on it.

I'm not expect on the real coverage of the stations of Maine Public Radio,
but from my drives through the area, I don't think WHQO adds anything to
Maine Public Radio's coverage area.  There are holes in Maine Public Radio's
coverage area, but it is not in the Skowhegan area.

Dan Billings
Bowdoinham, Maine