Re: Cumulus Media donates WHQO to Maine Public Radio

I never thought I would be defending public radio but Maine Public Radio is
the only place you will find serious radio news in Maine.  They do an
excellent job with their half hour Maine Things Considered broadcast daily at
5:30 PM.  I am also a regular listener to Morning Edition and they do good
state news drop ins during that broadcast.  Much of what you hear on Maine
Public Radio, you cannot get anywhere else.  Whether they deserve taxpayer
support is another story (Maine Public Broadcasting gets $2 million annually
from the State) but I do think they provide a good service.

It's also important to note that they are being given WHQO, they are not
buying it.

Dan Billings
Bowdoinham, Maine

In a message dated 5/26/99 12:43:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,