Re: Memorial day flashbacks

I know that a lot of stations are doing special programming this weekend, but
Kiss 108 is doing a 20 year music retrospective to coincide with its 20th
anniversary celebration.  Their noontime "year by year" feature they've been
doing for the last few week has been quite good, with old promos, jingles,
songs, jocks and a few stories along the way.  They even talked about trying to
take "Wishing On A Star" by Rose Royce out of the music library a few years
ago.  For those who don't know, Kiss 108 has played this song every Saturday at
noon for the last 17 years.  Everytime they try to take it out, people barrage
the phones demanding that it stays.  It's nice to see a local station celebrate
it's heritage and taking the time to look back on it's past.

Mike Thomas
WXLO & Mediabase 24/7