Re: WBZ and ABC (was: The Future of WBCN-- Talk????)

On Sun, 23 May 1999, A. Joseph Ross wrote:

> I wonder how much of that is simply because they will never find out about
> good programming on AM.  Most AM stations don't promote any more.

In my opinion the reason people don't tune to AM stations is that they
don't expect to find anything interesting there. Myself, I've tuned to AM
while driving on Cape Cod to listen to WBUR, and while driving through
Rhode Island to listen to the public stations there. Otherwise, never.
WBZ's news is too sensational for my taste, and I have absolutely no
interest in the stuff most of the other stations offer.

I still don't think AM is dead. If it's to be revived, though, it has to
offer better programming. How about radio drama, for instance?

Rob Landry
umar@nerodia.wcrb.com