Re: WBZ and ABC (was: The Future of WBCN-- Talk????)

Sven writes:
>   I've never understood what the hoopla was about certain spoken
> workd formats being on standard broadcast  or FM

I agree, however, for me it is purely station availability in a given
market.  Simply, there are fewer and fewer AMers left that have not
chosen LMAs (religion, non-Eng. lang, etc.)  Moreover, the generation
that is evolving into news listeners grew up on FM.  It's less of a
transition if they don't need to go with AM.  Sort of how pants
manufacturers have snuck in elastics into the waistband, if you (deep
breath) get my drift....

Bill O'Neill