Bob Steele in 8 decades (Was Re: NERW-Radio no-news)

>Paul Anderson wrote:

<snip>
>No, if he is on in 2001, *that* will make eight different decades.  The
>year 2000 is the LAST year of THIS decade/century/millennium.
<snip>

        While I am officially staying out of the debate over when the
century ends and begins, the Webster's that I have here defines decade as
"a period of ten years beginning with a year whose last digit is zero."
        We should probably just ask Bob Steele for a ruling, since it's a
question that's sort of a first cousin to his "word of the day" feature
<g>.