RE: Dale Dorman and the Jammin' Oldies Craze

I have a memory of visiting WGTO in 1976.  They were a great top 40 station
at the time located at Cypress Gardens.  My parents had dragged us to see
Cypress Gardens, and I remember it being the most boring day of the whole
two week trip.  The only thing to save it was a visit to the studios there.
They were more than happy to have visitors (nobody else stopped other than
to glance).  I remember the gentleman telling me the signal reached the
Georgia border.  Wish my dad had never let me put the bumper sticker on the
LTD wagon.
The best station I heard those two weeks was WSGA in Savannah, GA.  They
kicked for a station on 1400 in a major city.
I would echo Mark's words about the 90's version of GTO.  They were great
local oldies against Cool.
Too bad that hasn't lasted.
- -Dave