CD or XM satellite radio?

One issue that has not come up on this mailing list has been what
everyone thinks about Direct Audio Radio Satellite, which is where in
about a year or two, one can put a little satellite dish on the back of
their car window and get 100 audio channels for $9.95 a month.  There
are two companies offering this, CD Radio and XM Satellite Radio.

What I have to wonder is if either of these companies will have formats
that are as boring and repetitive as broadcast radio is today.  If they
aren't going to be, I will gladly buy one when they come out.  I find
there is nothing to listen to on radio here, and I am always listening
to airchecks instead of local radio.

Gavin Burt
gbbradio@yahoo.com