Re: MARTI

In a message dated 4/16/99 5:49:01 PM Central Daylight Time, mamros@MIT.EDU
writes:

<< (Besides, didn't police radio start out using the standard AM band?
 That's what I thought I remembered reading in some history of radio or
 other...) >>

Yes,
During the sixties I think they were between 1650 and 1700. I remember this
Ham in the neighborhood, when I was a kid, tweaking everyones AM radios ro
recieve them.

In fact, in George Carlin's early days ("Wonderful WINO, in Western Walla,
Walla").
He announces the station's frequency as, "just above the police calls".

Mike