Re: MARTI

>Now, this may be a silly question, but if all of this
>stuff is illegal, what about listening to police
>scanners?

Somehow, the legal precedent for allowing the public to listen to police
radio was established long before the fuss over cellular phones came into
play.  (Besides, didn't police radio start out using the standard AM band?
That's what I thought I remembered reading in some history of radio or
other...)

Besides, the police can (and do) scramble their signals when they feel
the need to do so.

- -Shawn Mamros (who used to own a Bearcat scanner, eons ago...)
E-mail to: mamros@mit.edu