Re: Market Research

At 12:52 PM 4/15/99 EDT, Shawn Mamros wrote:

>Don't know if it's true or not, but I've heard that the splice was
>actually done *on the master tape itself*, thus making it impossible
>to obtain a clean copy of that recording the way Van intended.

I'm not so sure about that.  The "makin' love" version is in stereo, while
every version of the "laughin' & runnin'" version I've ever heard was in
mono.  I'd guess that a lot of stations use the l&r version because (1)they
don't know any better and (2)that's the easier version to find (on his GH
album).