Re: Gene Burns & WBZ

At 03:15 PM 4/15/99 -0400, Terrence M. Wood wrote:
>Why not Jerry, He is the Dean of Talk, and probably the most popular talk
>host ever on the air in Boston.   Now, there is a question as to whether he
>would even take the job at those odd hours, anyway.  Gene is problably the
>most intelligent choice, as we need to keep intelligence on BZ, since RKO
>has none.

I always thought Jerry sounded very "old fart-y" on the air.  Talk stations
have enough of a problem attracting an under 50 audience as it is, I can't
see him having much appeal to an audience even that young.  He also sounded
as if he were running on autopilot the last few years...does he have
anything fresh to add?