Station posturing

Besides the WZLX outright welcome to disgruntled Eagle listeners, I heard
WROR attacking Oldies 103.3 this weekend.  The "you don't have to sit
through this (insert doo wop vocal) to get to this..." was used as a attack.
Interestingly, but maybe not a change in range of years they will be
considering "oldies," ODS pulled out a song from the 1980's - "Kokomo" by
The Beach Boys.  I would expect that from CBS-FM in New York, but not our
WODS.  Maybe they are saying "WROR dropped the 80s, so let's try that
decade."  Of course, adding an 80s song from the Beach Boys is different
than adding a more definitive 80s hit like "We Are The World."
Maybe WODS has played "Kokomo" before since I don't tune them in that much.
I can only take "Do Wah Diddy Diddy" and Gary Puckett & The Union Gap once
or twice a month.  :)
I gotta say I am still going with WBOS in the office with the most music on
the radio (so it seems).  Their "plan" to hook people with more music and
less talk is working on me.  If Star wakes up Kiss to play more variety and
"Kiss Classics," I may tune them in more often.  Star is definitely a winner
with females (from stores, etc. I too have found playing 93.7).