Re: April Fool's Day

"Jammin' Oldies" is not known by that term in every market.  The Chancellor
station in LA uses the "Mega" slogan.  I've also heard "The Jam" used as a
moniker.  Since the Chancellor stations in this market do very well as they
are, look for someone to copy it if it does come here.  It seems that WROR is
toying with the idea, particularly with JJ's new show and the addition of Al
Bandeiro's syndicated show.  JJ, do you know where this show will air on the
schedule.  Hopefully it won't pre-empt your show.

One thing I do notice about these R&B oldies stations is that they include
disco and 80's titles like Rick James and Prince into the format.  Since WROR
just dropped the 80's stuff and never played much disco, I can't see the
station fully embracing the format--at least at this point.

Mike Thomas
WXLO & Mediabase 24/7