Re: blown call letters

Donna Halper wrote:

> I still recall when Jefferson Kaye was fired by WBZ in the mid 60s and he
> then got a job at WKBW.  I heard him that fateful night when he went on the
> air at KB for the first time and did the station break, "WB.. No!!!!!
> WKBW."  Wish I had a tape recorder running...

We've all done it.  I did it when I started in Portland, particularly when I
was doing a newscast and one of those noisy flying machines from the Jetport
came right over the station and scared the heck out of me.  No one told me that
I was a flight controller.

Here's another situation.  I do news for three stations in the morning.  Two
are taped and the third is live.  You have to pay attention remember what calls
and format to use, especially if you're rushed.  :)

Dan Cole