blown call letters

Dan Cole wrote:
>Here's another situation.  I do news for three stations in the morning.
Two
>are taped and the third is live.  You have to pay attention remember what
calls
>and format to use, especially if you're rushed.  :)

When I worked at WRKO, each newscast's cover
sheet had the exact words for the intro:

It's 20 minutes before _____________,
I'm ____________  WRKO 20-20 News

- ----------------------
Contest award sheets were in plastic pockets.  The jock
filled in the Contestant's name and city/town with a
grease pencil.  He read it on the air just as written.

- ------------------------
All time-sensitive copy references were written as:

Friday/Tomorrow/Today

The incorrect words were crossed out and copy was
replaced as Tomorrow and Today occurred.

Overkill?  Maybe, but mistakes were few and far between.

Today, it can all be done by computer, if somebody's
smart enough to program it.

So how come KISS108 runs Christmas ads in January?

Roger Kirk
rogerkirk@usa.net