Re: WTSN is slipping away

Roger Kirk wrote:

> My NH correspondent notes:
>
> WTSN (1270 Dover) is running Dr. Joy Browne in
> afternoon drive, replacing Howie Carr 3:00-5:00 and
> 2 hours of local news and talk 5:00-7:00
>
> So we are up to our ears in insult-based therapy
> (we also have Dr. Laura on WGIN at the same
> time) but local news is nonexistant, except for 3
> minutes on the hour from WOKQ.
>
> Roger Kirk
> rogerkirk@usa.net

Actually, as far as I can determine the line up is as follows:

5am-5:30  First Light (NBC)
5:30-9am  Morning Information Center (replacing "Open Mike" 8-9)
9am-11     Money Matters (syndicated call-in financal show)
11-noon    Open Mike
12-12:30   News, Paul Harvey, local news
12:30-3     Mike Gallagher
3pm-6      Joy Browne
6pm-7      Local call-in talk show
7pm-mid  Bruce Williams or sports (Yankees, Bruins or Celts)
mid-5am   off air

Program director Mike Pomp now doubles as the news department.  I've
listened in every so often and Mike gives it a good effort.  They carry
brief updates following ABC at the top of the hour.  Too bad the owner
decided to eliminate the news department after I was canned and Don
Briand and John Graham left for greener and saner pastures.

Dan Cole
former WTSN Asst. ND, now happily employed elsewhere.