Would you believe Falmouth to Freetown?(was:Re: Sunday on Utopian Radio:Easy99.1)

At 12:09 AM 3/23/99 +0000, Dan.Strassberg wrote:
>OK, ..., WPLM-FM has the best music on the commercial
>FM dial.
>
>But the signal? I describe it as a rimshot, wherever you
>go in southern New England. I live atop Belmont Hill, on
>the west side--near Lexington. It's one of the highest
>spots in greater Boston. WPLM-FM comes in pretty well on
>my SuperRadio III on the first floor and on a decent
>(also mono) AM-FM portable upstairs. In one car in the
>garage, which is under the house, I get a solid stereo
>light. On the other car in the same garage, the stereo
>light flickers continually. The rest of my radios don't
>pick up WPLM-FM at all.
>
>Driving to work, as I approach Watertown Square, WPLM
>becomes _very_ iffy. And things get worse as I proceed
>up Galen St toward Newton Corner. Driving out Washington
>St toward W Newton, reception gets progressively worse.
>This happens even in the car whose radio picks the
>station up in stero without problems in my garage.
>
>I'm beginning to wonder whether the problem is front-end
>overload. I thought that all of the FMs were gone from
>the 128 antenna farm except WBUR, WBOS, and WCRB. Are
>three stations, which are the equivalent of full Class
>Bs in my direction, at a distance of maybe three airline
>miles from W Newton enough to totally clobber WPLM-FM?
>
>The cars are both old, but the radios are still OK
>(except for bad ignition noise on AM in one of the cars).
>
>Bill wrote:
>
>> From Provincetown to Providence and from Falmouth to Fitchburg!

Well, I do receive the signal quite well from my home in Wayland to my job
at Hanscom AFB in the Lexington side of the base. I have listened to the
station up Rt. 9 into Worcester.
It's a station I stick with. After all it's still better than when I was
dealing with WQEW on AM!
The timing was just perfect: as 'QEW exits; in comes 'PLM-FM!!
A synchronous xmtr with an element on the Mt. Wayte ave. Framingham site of
WKOX wouldn't hurt.
In fact doesn't the New England Advisory Group own 'PLM AM as well as
1120AM Concord? Maybe they could put an 99.1FM stick on the 1120AM tower?