Re: Would you believe Falmouth to Freetown?(was:Re: Sunday on Utopian Radio:Easy99.1)

- ---Bill Piacentini <billpi@ll.mit.edu> wrote:

> It's a station I stick with. After all it's still better than when I
was
> dealing with WQEW on AM!

WQEW' is sort of coming back next Monday(3/29) on WNJR AM 1430
as "Sunny 1430" from 5am to 7pm. Most of the people associated with
the old WQEW will return. Mr. Liu is even talking to CBS/Infinity about
getting WNEW-AM calls but Mel wants six-figures so that is not very
likely.
Sunny 1430 hopes to upgrade its signal later this year because
reception in most of Manhattan is not so great(who knows, maybe AM 620
will be available soon :-). Anyway, Sunny 1430 hopes to go 24-hours
once the signal is improved. But like Dan pointed out correctly,
I am no engineer, so I am not sure what they mean by 'upgrade...:)

- -M