Re: Would you believe Falmouth to Freetown?(was:Re: Sunday on Utopian Radio:Easy99.1)

At 07:46 PM 3/22/99 -0500, you wrote:

>In fact doesn't the New England Advisory Group own 'PLM AM as well as
>1120AM Concord? Maybe they could put an 99.1FM stick on the 1120AM tower?

As far as I know, all Armstrong does is lease time on WPLM (AM). He also
leases time on WDIS, WESX, and WJDA, and one of the Chancellor AMs on the NH
Seacoast (most likely 1380). He just leases more time on WPLM than on the
other stations. I'm not sure whether he or some of his "employees" (who I
don't think are true employees, but rather subcontractors whose services he
engages) are the ones who lease time on WXKS (AM) on Saturday mornings.
Also, there seems to be some sort of reciprocal deal between Armstrong and
WPLM. I think that at least one of the shows that is heard on his "network"
originates in Plymouth, and it seems as though WPLM's local sales staff does
all of the local time sales for WBNW, which Armstrong owns. (Armstrong owns
WBNW through his wife, Susan; I believe that Armstrong himself is a Canadian
citizen and is therefore ineligible to own broadcast stations in the U.S.)
In any event, some sort of deal in which WPLM handles time sales for WBNW is
how I explain the fact that most of the local commercials on WBNW, which
can't be heard on the South Shore, are for South Shore businesses.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205