Sunday on Utopian Radio:Easy99.1(wasRe:NERW 3/19: Jocks Go To Court Over...)

At 06:11 AM 3/20/99 -0800, Mark wrote:
>WPLM is also adding 2-hour syndicated
>"Sunday Show Tunes"(www.sundayshowtunes.com)
>starting tomorrow(Oscar Sunday) at 8am. Tomorrow's
>program will feature...what else?!...Oscar
>winning tunes/scores.
>Not sure where the super gardner's show
>will go on their Sunday morning schedule.
Bill Piacentini replies:
I listened to WPLM Easy 99.1 this past Sunday (3/21/99) from about 7:50 AM
until 3:10 PM and the "Sunday Show Tunes" show was NOT broadcast with Bud
Wilkinson hosting from Phoenix as the above website announced. Ron Della
Chiesa did his regular "Strictly Sinatra" from 8 AM until 11 AM. (Ron did
not indicate the demise of his Sunday show)
>From 11AM until about noon or so they had no host until the weekday
afternoon guy comes on very informal (which is okay).
What they did announce was they would be playing songs from Academy Award
Movies interweaved throughout the day.
Maybe they bought the syndication less the Bud Wilkinson cut-ins, which
seems a waste of money because they could just program the show tunes
themselves.
Paul Parent must be on before 7:30 AM as there is a local interview show
(30 or 60 minutes) on before 8 AM.

BTW, I have been listening to 99.1 continuously ever since they changed
format. I don't even listen to 'BZ or Delilah anymore. It's funny, I used
to always change stations during the day. Now, I just leave it on 99.1.
Finally, a station that plays great music for a great (double entendre)
audience! Seriously, the ratings for this station will be surprisingly
phenomenal. From Provincetown to Providence and from Falmouth to Fitchburg!
The 30-to-99 folk finally have a companion! It is as close to Utopia as a
station can go. Now, just a news headlines of 60 seconds on the hour
throughout the day (They have Metro (or another) doing the AM and PM news
at :00 & :30) would make it the ideal.
The best part of this station is its LOCAL ownership!
A Happy guy,
Bill Piacentini