Question/comment

Catch these strings from time to time and have a question.  Is a
"translator" about the same thing as a "repeater" in amateur radio?

Also a comment to a contributor from about a month ago regarding TV
salaries.  My guess is that you can knock off about 30 percent from the
figures that you read/hear in the media.  Yes...some of them are high, much
higher than the person might deserve, but not nearly as high as the media
says they are.  And where are they going?

Broadcast TV is not the only game in town, and as the pie gets split even
smaller, the craziness just gets worse.  CBS just announced that they are
dumping the pension plan.  In such an unstable business, that might be moot,
but it is an important sign.  Were I 30 again, I would not consider
broadcasting as the future appears bleak.  There is an influx of often
 mediocre people working to become "stars", and they work for
peanuts....then fade away.  That makes room for another batch.  It also
promotes low quality talent, writing and analysis....but the bean counters
don't care.  They seemingly don't have to answer to the public anymore, and
much of that public is fleeing for quality on cable or the web.

Bruce