Re: radio listings

>I think it's a Boston thing. The Globe seems to have some sort of
>an obsession with Classical Music carrying listings for 'CRB,
>'HRB and 'BOQ. The Herald's listings are a big joke. And, The Phoenix's
>idea of radio highlights consists of radio ads by 'BCN, 'AAF and
>of course its own sister station 'FNX.

Radio listings are a two-way street.  None of the papers are likely
to list something unless a station contacts them first.  We've gotten
some listings for 'MBR from time to time that way.

I suspect that at least part of the reason why we don't see more radio
listings is that the PDs in town have the same disdain for the local
newspapers' radio coverage as do many of the participants on this list,
and thus don't even bother to make the effort to call them...

- -Shawn Mamros
E-mail to: mamros@mit.edu