Re: radio listings

- -----Original Message-----
From: Shawn Mamros
>Radio listings are a two-way street.  None of the papers are likely
>to list something unless a station contacts them first.  We've gotten
>some listings for 'MBR from time to time that way.

Quite true.  Back in college at WJUL (91.5, University of Lowell), the
Sun and Globe printed just about anything we took the time to send
them about specialty programs, sports coverage, etc.  With the right
dialogue with the right person (read: establish a relationship) we
could send a schedule monthly and read about it as it was approaching.
We even got a big Sunday piece in '82 from then Sun reporter, Dean
Johnson, who provided a lot of publicity.  Granted, WJUL is a
non-commercial outlet, but....  There is a blackmail photo of this
writer (then, PD) in that piece.  Put it this way, I lost the goofy
mustache after that went to press....  Haven't found it since.

Bill O'Neill