Re: WMEX/WITS/WMRE

On 18 Mar 99,  dan.strassberg@worldnet.att.n wrote:

> The reason for moving the 1510 TX to Waltham was to
> increase the night power from 5 kW to 50 kW. Nighttime
> coverage from the old Squantum site was always awful in
> most of the market.(Both first adjacents, WTOP and
> WKBW/WWKB, are very strong in this area.) In addition,
> when CJRS was built, it added co-channel interference.

It occurs to me to wonder, if they had kept the power at 5,000 watts,
might they have found a new transmitter site where they might actually
have had better signal coverage, even with the lower power.

 A.Joseph Ross, J.D.                                 617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                             lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503              http://world.std.com/~lawyer/