Re: FW: Birthday Games

I don't think they ever did get their stick moved...the talk was that they
were going to move it to the Freetown State Forest, but Ed Dinis was
looking to get his stick placed there to compete better with the two Fall
River stations.  At that time, both stations were doing Portuguese in
some daypart...even whole weekends.

FHN still blows real hard into Fall River and covers most of Bristol
County like a blanket...from what I understand they even take care of
some of the lower Cape as well.  When they first went on, they went on
just before or just after WWKX 106.1 (fmr KICKS106...then KIX 106)
from their studios in the hub of activity known as Downtown Attleboro...

The ironic part about FHN was (and still is from what I understand...) is
that while they sound like a major market station...their roots remain
local, bringing the van out for community events and local happenings.
Hmm...what a neat idea...local radio remaining local.

ML