FW: Birthday Games

I for one agree that Kiss has lost their way.  One thing Jam'n and Kiss needs is a top 40 competitor.  Before Jam'n existed, WZOU was really great to listen to; and I looked forward to the head to head with Kiss.  Also, we have people programming the songs on these stations that are not from Boston.  Kiss had always led the way with dance/top 40 music in the Sunny Joe White days.  Granted, they don't want to compete too much with co-owned Jam'n, but how about considering the history of Kiss a little more?
The best top 40 station I have heard in New England is Fun 107 in New Bedford.  You hear a segue from Celine Dion to Jay-Z and it works!  You also get more of the "dance classics" you used to get on Kiss mixed in.

I never quite understood what Kiss was doing along this line anyway...these
are  all core artists on CHR these days, I can see steering away from the
hiphop and urban stuff and leaving that audience for Jam'n, but if you're
gonna be a CHR, ya gotta play the hits.  I realize that Mix is chipping
away at Kiss's audience, but it almost looks like they've taken their eye
off the ball and are simply reacting to Mix.

IMHO, Kiss is gonna have to do what WBCN did a few years ago and re-invent
themselves if they wanna continue to be a contender.