Re: 105.7 WROR Palying the Hits of the 60's and 70's

- ---Bob Nelson <bluesradio_99@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I think WEGQ might be adding some 60s to its mix of
> 70s/80s hits, almost edging even closer to "classic
> rock". I read about it in the Globe or Herald; will
> have to hear them to see just how much they get
> into the Sixties hits, etc.

Is it my imagination or every second FM station in this market is now
featuring some variation of a babyboomer nostalgic format?
Even WBOS has moved closer to 'Classic Rock Lite' with its 70/80's
soft rock sound targeting mostly female baby boomers.

With so much audience fragmentation due to specialty formats right now,
I think you can cut the advertising pie into so many slices. Somebody
will end up
with an empty plate sooner rather than later.

- -Mark